Sunday, 8 February 2015

An Epiphany

Epiphany.  That word is fast becoming a 'constant' in my vocabulary.  Self Realisation - that I have to catch up on all the goals I set for myself donkey years ago that seem to have fallen either by the wayside or off the wagon.

I have these thoughts of taking up a cause, of becoming an activist.  The problem is I dont know what cause I will be pursuing yet.  There are so many out there.  Just pick one already I tell myself.  Thoughts and visions of championing a cause, speaking on behalf of the oppressed and those without a voice, answering questions, helping others.   Right now, I am an 'upcoming activist without a cause' *Sigh*


Not only will my activism be for the sake of others but also self improvement of the passions I had donkey years ago that may have been sidelined in the pursuit of a career.  Who says these things should not go side by side?  No more must 'something have to give'.  Multitasking is the new name of the game and will be actively pursued in 2015.

I  had a bridge camera that I bought sometime ago.  Everyone says I have a passion for photography.  In actual fact, I think I just get 'snap happy'.  After all, its not as if I am obliged to print every picture I take.  So in the spirit of developing my hobbies, I embarked on a short course to learn more about photography.  U know the full works - aperture, shutter speed etcetera etcetera.  It was enlightening but I have to actually practice some more.

I remember the first time I tried to take pictures in the night - at my friend's wedding.  OMG!! The pictures came out so dark I nearly cried!! I did not even know where the flash button was.  A couple of years later, at least I now know where the flash button is but progress has been slow.  I still struggle with taking pictures at night.  Really, I do have to sit up in this day and age of modern technology and keep up with the Joneses.

Not only did I promise myself that I would embark on as many courses as possible, I would also learn some other skills and I have been attending some jewellery making courses.  I have attended two so far and I've got another one coming up in two weeks.  This is 2015 - no dulling!!  Next stop, make up courses.  I've had a look on the net and they are so expensive!! But I wont let that deter me - where there is a will, there is a way.....

2 comments:

  1. Yayyy, Welcome back to blogsville, you took a long break but I'm sure you've got a lot to share now that you're back.
    I'm in the process of going through your other blogs and I definitely feel you on the multitasking thing, that's the way to achieve multiple streams of income!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    Looking forward to seeing your pictures too :D

    http://www.tukesquest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tuke, Thank you for stopping by. Pictures will be up soon. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Any comments and opinions on this blog are the opinions of the writers and do not represent the opinions of the blog owner.